turn Orange Social Media Networks
Why are social media and social networks important?
- Over 50% of the world’s population is under 30-years-old
- In 10 years over 40% of the Fortune 500 will no longer be here
- Social Media has overtaken porn as the #1 activity on the Web
- Facebook tops Google for weekly traffic in the U.S.
- 1 in 5 couples meet online; 3 in 5 gay couples meet online
- 1 in 5 divorces are blamed on Facebook
- What happens in Vegas stays on YouTube, Flickr, Twitter, Facebook…
- 2009 US Department of Education study revealed that on average, online students out performed those receiving face-to-face instruction
- If Facebook were a country it would be the world’s 3rd largest and 2x the size of the U.S. population
- 80% of companies use social media for recruitment; 95% of these use LinkedIn
- A new member joins LinkedIn every second
- We don’t have a choice on whether we DO social media, the question is how well we DO it - contact Turn Orange
- Lady Gaga, Justin Bieber and Britney Spears have more Twitter followers than the entire populations of North Korea, Australia, Chile…Israel, Sweden, Greece
- Over 32 million have watched the Volkswagen Darth Vader Kid advertisement on YouTube
- Child actor has never seen Star Wars
- Ford Explorer's launch on Facebook is more effective than a Super Bowl Ad
- 50% of the mobile Internet traffic in the UK is for Facebook…people update anywhere, anytime…imagine what that means for bad customer experiences?
- Generation Y and Z consider e-mail passé – some universities have stopped distributing e-mail accounts
- 69% of parents are “friends” with their children on social media
- eReaders have surpassed traditional book sales
- Groupon will reach $1 billion in sales faster than any company in history
- There were over 75 million more people playing Farmville than there were real Farmers
- Social Gamers to buy $6 billion in virtual goods by 2013; movie goers only buy $2.5 million in concessions
- The #2 largest search engine in the world is YouTube
- While you watch this 100+ hours of video will be uploaded to YouTube
- If Wikipedia were made into a book it would be 2.25 million pages long
- Because of the speed in which social media enables communication, word of mouth now becomes world of mouth
- 25% of search results for the World’s Top 20 largest brands are links to user-generated content
- 34% of bloggers post opinions about products & brands
- Do you like what they are saying about your brand? You better, if not contact Turn Orange
- 90% of consumers trust peer recommendations
- Only 14% trust advertisements
- Only 18% of traditional TV campaigns generate a positive ROI
- 90% of people that can TiVo ads do
- 93% of marketers use social media for business - if you don't Turn Orange
- We will non longer search for products and services, they will find us via social media
- Social Media isn’t a fad, it’s a fundamental shift in the way we communicate
- The ROI of social media is that your business will still exist in 5 years
- Babies have been named Facebook in Egypt
Special thanks to Erik Qualman and Socialnomics
Social Media Marketing refers to the process of gaining website traffic or attention through social media sites.
Social media marketing programs usually center on efforts to create content that attracts attention and encourages readers to share it with their social networks. A corporate message spreads from user to user and presumably resonates because it appears to come from a trusted, third-party source, as opposed to the brand or company itself. Hence, this form of marketing is driven by word-of-mouth, meaning it results in earned media rather than paid media.
Social media has become a platform that is easily accessible to anyone with internet access. Increased communication for organizations fosters brand awareness and often, improved customer service. Additionally, social media serves as a relatively inexpensive platform for organizations to implement marketing campaigns.
Are you ready to Turn Orange? Contact us.
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia